Employment Opportunity – Intake and Support Worker
24 Nov 2023
Townsville Community Law Inc seeks to employ an Intake and Support Worker. The successful applicant will hold a Diploma in Community Services (or equivalent).
THE PURPOSE OF THIS WORK IS TO:
- Conduct triage processes to identify a client’s legal issues of concern or needs.
- Complete intake, appointment booking and document management processes to provide a client an appointment with an appropriate Townsville Community Law service, or refer externally to community, government or legal services or private solicitors where appropriate.
- Maintain records of intake and support activities and ensure that the information is recorded and collated in a meaningful way.
- Conduct community development activities (including but not limited to forums, expos, meetings, seminars and workshops).
- Assist with the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities of Townsville Community Law.
This position is full-time (35 hours a week/70 hours a fortnight) on a twelve (12) month temporary fixed-term basis. The position is broad banded between Levels 3 and 4 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 ($71,128.72 to $88,277.80, depending on qualifications, skills and experience).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Townsville Community Law’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Recruitment and Retention policy and monitoring framework sets out our commitment to:
- Fostering a culturally inclusive workplace where people feel welcomed and valued,
- Promoting and enhancing cultural safety and respect,
- Promoting permanent career opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers, including retention and career development.
If you have questions that are not answered in the Duty Statement, please email the Townsville Community Law Director Aaron Finn Aaron@townsvillecommunity.law using the subject line: Intake and Support Worker enquiry via EthicalJobs in the first instance.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THIS POSITION?
In order to apply for this position, download the attached duty statement below, which contains all relevant position duties and responsibilities; mandatory qualifications; and desirable qualifications, experience and attributes. Please carefully read and consider the duty statement to ensure that you fully understand the position.
Submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae to Townsville Community Law’s Director Aaron Finn and note in your cover letter that you wish to apply for the advertised Intake and Support Worker position. You do not have to respond to selection criteria at this stage.
After the closing date (5pm Monday 11 December 2023), we will shortlist applicants for interview. Candidates who are shortlisted for interview can expect to be asked interview questions based on Duty Statement mandatory and desirable qualifications, position duties and responsibilities, and any other relevant matters mentioned in the Duty Statement.
It is not necessary or helpful to call to introduce yourself before applying for this position.
No recruitment company cold calls, please.